Saturday, June 9, 2012

Shabby Chic Bedroom with Yard Sale Finds















Trying to make my bedroom a little more restful and romantic I went with the shabby chic look.
Most of the items used were things I already had and then I added some yard sale finds, saving me tons of money.



All started with the curtains that I found at a yard sale on the east side of town. These curtains were custom made for a gorgeous home and I am sure cost the homeowner a boat load but I snagged them all up for $50. Included the lace balloon curtains (trimmed with glass beads) as well as box valances that I was unable to use. I think I can sell these and probably recoup my money. caching!






Tying to find tie backs I decided to go with glass drawer pulls. I thought this added a unique touch and wasn't to expensive to accomplish. Hobby Lobby has tons of unique glass and ceramic drawer pulls. I could have gone mad but my hubby was there to reel me in.





Furniture was a slight issue so we did have to resort to buying a couple of new pieces. We chose painted pieces to lighten up the room and thought it would better fit the shabby look.


An armoire to hide the t.v and a smaller set of drawers was enough as we already had a wrought iron bed.


We found this old mirror tucked away at an antique store in Daytona and with a few coats of paint it was a perfect addition to the room.









The only thing we needed was a bedside table and after searching many stores we were at a loss at what to do. The table to match the other pieces was $300 and I felt this was just too much to pay for a bedside  table. And so the yard sale hunt began.

A few weeks ago BINGO!!! We found the perfect table and it was only $25.
The perfect piece.

With some additional shabby chic yard sale items from around the house I think I have almost accomplished my dreamy room.


I am still looking for the perfect bedspread
for for now my vintage white chenille will do just fine.

Even Henry seems to like it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment